Sunday 18 November 2007

Visit to Warrington

Had a great time sitting in on Chris Beedham's lesson.

It was great to watch someone else handling the project and being back in the classroom with enthusiastic children and teachers.

I loved the way she got the children to think about what they were seeing from the word go.

In 50 minutes we had a romp through the Christmas project which is covered on the tygh site together with tutorials and supplementary templates.

I'm getting very helpful feedback on whether these tutorials work and have already modified the first with the ability to skip forward. Please keep the comments coming.

The next thing I can do is improve the clarity by better quality jpeg settings which although increasing file size can be counteracted by zipping the files for download.
John has also offered me advice on how to better access the video with a controlling menu - great.Hope to add more sophisticating control buttons as well - using scripting that is out of my depth!

I've also done a tutorial for Talking Heads projects which I'm beating into shape and will tell you about when ready.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

19 November 2007 at 14:10  
Blogger ChrisB said...

Thanks for the support, Geoff. It made all the difference knowing you were there should anything have gone pear-shaped. I now feel much more confident for when I have got to do it without you! I'm looking forward to further developments in my other schools and hope that the collaboration on the VLE takes off.

19 November 2007 at 18:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home